The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that can only be used by a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict code of ethics. Not all real estate agents are REALTORS®, but at Peggy Slappey Properties every one of our highly trained sales associates is also a REALTOR®. Why is this so important?
1. Expertise is invaluable in the real estate transaction process. With a REALTOR® as your guide, you’ll have an immediate advantage as you encounter items like disclosure forms, inspection requests, title issues, and settlement statements. Having an expert at your side will avoid delays and save you time and money.
2. Buying a home can be an emotional process, but with a qualified REALTOR® to lead the way, you’ll have access to an objective, knowledgeable opinion. Not only will you know how great the local schools are, but you’ll also know whether to have the roof replaced or if the crack in the garage floor is a serious issue. A REALTOR® will steer you away from potentially costly mistakes, ensuring that your investment makes you as happy in five years’ time as it does today.
3. REALTORS® often have access to “inside information” that can benefit buyers new to the market. If the perfect property for you is for sale but not being actively marketed, a qualified professional can locate that property and arrange a showing, sometimes before it is even officially listed!
4. Home price negotiation is not for the faint of heart, and REALTORS® have made it their business to become experts at it. Not only is price a factor in the negotiation process, but so are things like financing, needed repairs, fixtures, date of possession, and the due diligence period. Negotiation is a give-and-take process, but your REALTOR® will always strive to secure the best deal possible for YOU.
5. Working with a Peggy Slappey Properties REALTOR® ensures you have access to powerful property marketing capabilities. Our agents share an extensive pool of resources that reaches far beyond the traditional listing services, and our in-house marketing department means your agent can create personalized, professional advertising materials specific to your home.
6. Real estate terminology can be confusing. If you don’t speak the language, you might not know the difference between earnest money and a down payment, or why the closing date might be different from the date of possession. Not only are they immersed in the business and using these terms daily, but REALTORS® are also required to attend several continuing education classes each year, keeping them current in this ever-changing industry.
7. Service you can trust. Every REALTOR® commits to adhere to a strict code of ethics direct from the National Association of REALTORS®, the primary goal of which is to protect clients. Buyers and sellers alike can expect to be treated in an honest, ethical manner regarding every aspect of their real estate transaction. All REALTORS® are required to take the Code of Ethics orientation, as well as a refresher course every four years.
Contact us anytime to learn more about buying in Metro Atlanta.
Please fill out the form below and one of our qualified agents will be in contact to help you get started on your home search:
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.