The holiday season is officially upon us, and for sellers with a pressing need to move before year’s end, it can be more stressful than usual. The good news is that buyers at the holidays are often highly motivated, too, with their own important, timely reasons for purchasing at this time of year. Staging your home successfully can make all the difference. Remember, selling your home is about inviting others to imagine themselves in it.
- The number one rule of home staging is always to start with a deep cleaning. Make your home sparkle from top to bottom.
- Selling at the holidays can be a challenge for those who love to decorate, but it’s important to keep holiday décor to a minimum. Your treasured decorations can distract buyers and even make your home feel smaller than it is. If you traditionally decorate every nook and cranny, it might be best to cut those decorations by half.
- Instead, use seasonal greenery, especially at the front door. A fresh wreath and a poinsettia plant or two will show holiday spirit without being overwhelming and taking up too much space.
- Clear the front entryway. This time of year, it’s easy for leaves and other debris blown in by the wind to pile up at your front door. Quickly sweep it all away shortly before you know buyers will be arriving.
- Offer refreshments. Always welcome at home showings any time of year, treats like holiday cookies and hot chocolate will add to the seasonal charm and create great memories of your home for potential buyers.
Traditionally, the real estate market slows a little during the holiday season as buyers and sellers alike are busy with parties and family gatherings. Those who are in the market are usually highly motivated to buy or sell quickly. In fact, buyers can often find incredible deals by home shopping at this time of year. For sellers, it’s more important than ever to stage your home in a welcoming, neutral manner. We hope these easy tips help you bring in more offers and get you on the road to “SOLD” in record time.
Peggy Slappey Properties, Inc. is a Metro Atlanta real estate brokerage celebrating 40 years of experience in real estate sales and marketing. From new home construction to resales and so much more, we are a trusted market leader. To see our current listings, visit www.psponline.com and call us for expert advice at 770-271-5555. Keep up to date with the latest PSP events and offers by checking in on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/peggyslappeyproperties and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/psponline.