Spring is just around the corner. The official first day of the season is March 20th, but rain showers and warmer temps have redbuds, daffodils, and dogwoods blooming already. If you’ve been paying attention to real estate in Metro Atlanta, you know the busy spring market arrived early and continues to charge along. It’s a great time to list your home and get top dollar, while competition for homes remains high and interest rates remain low. Don’t leave any money on the table – use our quick Spring Cleaning Checklist to get your home in tip-top shape.
Clean Until it Sparkles
Take the time to do a deep cleaning of your home, and it will certainly pay off. Don't forget the areas that sellers often overlook, but buyers notice immediately:
- Wash windows and window ledges.
- Consider a fresh coat of paint or touch up high-traffic areas.
- Re-grout or scrub all tile work in the home.
- Have the carpets professionally cleaned.
Freshen Curb Appeal
Freshening curb appeal not only makes your home look its best from the street as potential buyers drive by, but it also helps it stand out in listing photos.
- Mow the lawn if needed; at this time of year, grass is often still dormant.
- Trim shrubs and trees and pick up sticks and debris fallen throughout the winter months.
- Plant some new flowers and spread new mulch and/or pine straw.
- Put out a fresh welcome mat, sweep the front porch, and hang a spring wreath.
You'll be moving soon anyway, so now is a great time to get started on filling those moving boxes. In the process, you'll be de-cluttering and making your home appear more spacious just in time for buyers.
- Winter clothes should be packed first. You won't need them any time soon!
- Personal items like family photos and your favorite knick-knacks can also be packed, leaving a clean, neutral slate for buyers to imagine themselves – and their belongings – in the space.
- Sell or donate any furniture that you don't want to move.
Tackle all the odd little (or big) repairs you've been putting off:
- Check for leaky faucets and pipes.
- Tighten handrails.
- Replace burnt-out lightbulbs.
- Repair or replace torn window screens.
Buyers are hungry for fresh housing inventory in metro Atlanta and the seller’s market continues strong. Even so, a little spring cleaning and staging can ensure you get the best price for your home and attract the most qualified buyers. Need some help deciding which household spring cleaning items should come first? Call 770-271-5555 to connect with a Peggy Slappey Properties Realtor who can give you expert advice and get you on the road to sold.
Peggy Slappey Properties, Inc. is a Metro Atlanta real estate brokerage celebrating 40 years of experience in real estate sales and marketing. From new home construction to resales and so much more, we are a trusted market leader. To see our current listings, visit www.psponline.com and call us for expert advice at 770-271-5555. Keep up to date with the latest PSP events and offers by checking in on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/peggyslappeyproperties and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/psponline.