For many of us, it feels like the world has been put on pause. While we all stay home, doing our part to slow the spread of Covid-19, many have also put their plans of homeownership on pause. The real estate market, though, is still open for business. Even if you have decided to wait, there are steps you can take to keep your dreams of owning a home alive and well.
- Get Pre-Approved – Contact a lender to complete the early paperwork (all online) that will instantly make you a more qualified buyer when you are ready to look for a home in earnest.
- Maintain Your Financial Health – Don’t let current circumstances ruin your credit. There are many resources available today, including the recently signed CARES Act, to help you through this crisis. For a list of valuable links, click HERE.
- Narrow Your List of Must-Haves – While you are home and have a little extra time on your hands, research the kind of home you need, the location you want, and narrow down your list of must-haves. When you jump into the real estate market, you’ll be a step ahead of every other buyer.
- Connect with a Local Agent – Current events make it even more important to work with a highly qualified agent. They will understand needed safety precautions and new regulations and will help you navigate the world of digital real estate.
- Take a Virtual Tour – Once a costly rarity but now a necessity, live virtual tours are available from every PSP Realtor. Walk through prospective homes from the safety of your current residence, where you can decide if an in-person showing is even worth your time.
At Peggy Slappey Properties, we’re working diligently to get our clients through this challenging time. If you were looking for a new home before the crisis hit but have put those plans on pause, please contact us for trusted advice. We can help you come out of this temporary situation stronger and more knowledgeable, ready for that big leap into homeownership.
Peggy Slappey Properties, Inc. is a Metro Atlanta real estate brokerage with more than 35 years of experience in real estate sales and marketing. From new home construction to resales, we can help you find the home of your dreams. To see our current listings, visit www.psponline.com and call us for expert advice at 770-271-5555. Keep up to date with the latest PSP events and offers by checking in on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/peggyslappeyproperties and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/psponline.