Crisp fall temperatures have finally arrived in Metro Atlanta. Shelves are stocked with everything pumpkin spice, mums are blooming, and leaves are beginning to fall. If you’re thinking of selling your home, autumn is a great time to do it; fewer homes in the market means less competition and a faster sale. Help buyers fall in love at first sight by sprucing up your curb appeal with a few simple tips:
- Autumn colors are beautiful, but not on your lawn. Keep your grass free from leaves and other debris that gathers this time of year by raking and bagging regularly.
- Spiders and other creepy-crawlies move their homes closer to yours as the temperatures drop, leaving nests and webs galore. Clean your front porch and doorway top-to-bottom with a careful eye for cobwebs that often appear overnight.
- Early autumn is a great time for simple outdoor maintenance, too. Paint the railing on the front porch, clean the concrete in the driveway, and generally make the outdoors look cared-for and tidy. This might mean pulling weeds in flower beds or adding new pine straw, as well.
- Fall is the best time to trim back your shrubs, rose bushes, and ornamental grasses, too. Not only will your yard look well-manicured, but the plants will flourish when springtime rolls around – something the new owners will certainly appreciate.
- Keep fall décor simple. If you love Halloween and always decorate with skeletons and tombstones this time of year, it’s better to keep those decorations packed while your home is listed. A pretty fall wreath and well-placed pumpkins are a better choice, still festive but not ghoulish.
- Lighting is so important in the fall, when the days grow shorter and shorter. Make sure all outdoor lights are clean and in working order, and update them if needed. Well-placed solar lights on walkways are inexpensive but very welcoming to prospective buyers.
Buyers this time of year are highly motivated to complete their purchase and move well before the holiday season begins. With a few easy updates and a little cleaning in the yard, you can give your home a curb appeal face-lift that makes it stand it out from all the rest. Happy fall, y’all!
Peggy Slappey Properties, Inc. is a Metro Atlanta real estate brokerage with 35 years of experience in real estate sales and marketing. From new home construction to resales, we can help you find the home of your dreams. To see our current listings, visit www.psponline.com and call us for expert advice at 770-271-5555. Keep up to date with the latest PSP events and offers by checking in on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/peggyslappeyproperties and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/psponline.