At Peggy Slappey Properties, the health and well being of our clients and customers is always important to us, and now more than ever we are taking extra precautions to ensure we all stay safe while the business of real estate continues. Our industry is one of the lucky ones – showings do not require large groups of people to gather and there are plentiful cautionary measures we can all take to reduce the risk of exposure during this time of social distancing.
What Buyers Can Do
- If you don’t feel well, please stay home.
- Disinfect/wash your hands before entering a home AND after each showing.
- Drive your own vehicle to showings instead of ride sharing with your agent.
- Wear booties or shoe coverings while you tour homes. Your PSP Realtor will provide these.
- Do not touch surfaces in the homes you tour.
- Ask the showing agent to open doors, turn on lights, etc.
What Sellers Can Do
- If you or someone in your household doesn’t feel well, don’t show your home.
- Open all doors, cabinets, closets. Turn on all the lights. Minimize the surface touches a buyer will need to make while viewing your home.
- Provide hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Wipe down/disinfect all surfaces after showings, with special attention to doorknobs, light switches, countertops, and floors.
Tips for Agents
- Encourage your clients to take their own vehicles to showings.
- Provide disinfectant and hand sanitizer for each visit.
- Provide protective gloves and/or shoe coverings; every PSP Realtor has access to these items.
- Schedule showing appointments in a staggered fashion, giving sellers ample time to clean.
- Remind sellers to turn on lights and open doors prior to showings. New home sales agents should already be doing this at each model home.
- Use virtual tours and video to show properties.
- Remind all parties that paperwork today does not require in-person meetings. Everything from the Purchase and Sale Agreement to lending/mortgage documents can be gathered and signed electronically.
Real estate is the engine that drives the American economy, and business is still forging ahead. Interest rates remain at or near historic lows, which is great for buyers. Home prices remain high as a result of limited inventory, which is great for sellers. If you are thinking of selling during this volatile time, please call us at 770-271-5555. We’ll connect you with an agent experienced in your area and give you the best advice possible during these very strange times.
Peggy Slappey Properties will continue to monitor and respond to CDC and governmental guidelines, changing and adapting our policies wherever needed. Your health and safety come first. Together, we’ll emerge from this time of social distancing smarter and stronger than before.
Peggy Slappey Properties, Inc. is a Metro Atlanta real estate brokerage more than 35 years of experience in real estate sales and marketing. From new home construction to resales, we can help you find the home of your dreams. To see our current listings, visit www.psponline.com and call us for expert advice at 770-271-5555. Keep up to date with the latest PSP events and offers by checking in on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/peggyslappeyproperties and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/psponline.